Support Options can assist people who are over 65 and frail aged, or have dementia, and their families and carers with:
- Information and referrals
- Support coordination
- Carer support and respite options
- Support groups and activities
- Individual support
- Aids and equipment
- In home and out of home support
Contact Support Options on (03) 5720 0000 or (02) 6055 8000
Support for Carers – Aged
Support Options supports people over 65 who are frail aged or who have dementia and their families and carers. Support can include:
- Planning of regular respite to help reduce stress, restore energy and support the care relationship. Short term funding can be provided for flexible respite options based on individual needs
- Providing information and referral to health, ageing, and other community services
- Funding towards in home support, which could include assistance with home and personal care
- Funding towards aides or equipment to enhance independence
- Facilitating carer support groups, activities and events.
Support for Carers – Dementia Services
Support Options can assist by:
- Providing information, education and advice to people with dementia and their carers
- Linking people with health, respite, and dementia-specific services
- Arranging additional in or out of home respite
- Contributing towards the purchase of goods and equipment
- Facilitating support groups for carers of people with dementia
- Arranging activities that may involve both the person with dementia and their carer to connect with others in a similar situation.
Support Groups and Activities
Support Options facilitate a number of support groups and activities including:
- Support groups for carers: Joining a group provides the opportunity to relax, take time out and connect with other carers who understand the demands of the caring role. Groups also provide an opportunity for sharing information and ideas and learning about available services and resources.
- Activities that involve both the carer and the person for whom they are caring.
- Additionally, throughout the year, Support Options will work with other services to facilitate information and education sessions for individuals and families/carers so that they are better informed and equipped to continue to support the person for whom they are caring.
Hospital to Home
Following discharge from a private hospital, the Hospital to Home program at Support Options can assist with arranging short term support services for people who are aged 65 and over, have dementia or a disability. The support may include short term funding for:
- Home care
- Personal care
- Respite care
- Property maintenance