The Child FIRST program at UMFC is a centralised entry point for referrals and information about the support services offered within the local community.
This information service is offered to families, community members and professionals through our intake team. For families seeking more comprehensive support our practitioners will listen to your story, provide information and suggestions where required and will guide you through the process of linking with the most suitable service tailored to your family’s individual needs.
Child FIRST can link you to information and specialist services so that you can:
– Better understand and manage your children’s behaviours
– Access intensive Family Support services
– Learn to become more organised with your routine and parenting
– Link with specialised services to manage family stresses or issues
– Manage everyday tasks
– Develop skills to care for your children
– Connect with community activities
– Build strong family relationships
– Access early childhood education and care such as child care, preschool and play groups
Child FIRST takes referrals for families with children/young people aged between 0-18 years of age including pre-birth who reside in the Ovens Murray Region.
Child FIRST embraces that the term ’family’ has many different meanings and incorporates varied and alternative living arrangements. We do not define family; we support your family as defined by you.