Child & Family Services
UMFC’s Family Services Program aims to support parents to better care for and nurture their children. Our purpose is to support families to develop skills not only to reach their current aims but also to support their family to thrive into the future.
Pre-School Field Officers
Our Preschool Field Officers (PSFO) work alongside early childhood educators and families to support children who attend kindergarten and have additional needs ensuring all children are able to access and learn in the kindergarten program regardless of their abilities.
Child Wellbeing Ovens Murray
The intake function for Child and Family Services, information and advice service is now accessible via Child Wellbeing .
The Child Wellbeing network is now providing family violence and child and family support across the Ovens Murray region including for families in need of support with the wellbeing and development of children.
Child Wellbeing is a free service for people of all ages and backgrounds to seek help and support.
Call Child Wellbeing on 1800 271 157
Family Therapy Program
Family Therapy provides a safe environment to build stronger and more positive connections and relationships with family members and others that share a close relationship.
The Family therapy program provides families a space to explore their goals and work towards creating the changes they are seeking.
Our Financial Counselling and Financial Capability Program is a free and confidential service which helps eligible people:
- address their financial problems through the provision of information, advocacy and/or negotiation on behalf of the client
- with employment readiness through improving financial knowledge, skills and capabilities to assist them to achieve employment
- to build longer-term capability to budget and manage their money better and make informed financial decisions
Our service areas are the Ovens Murray, Hume and Murray.
If you have enquiry or any questions about our services our team are happy to help.
Call Us: (02) 6055 8000
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Debt Helpline 1800 007 007 Monday to Friday, 9:30 – 4:30pm website ndh.org.au
MoneySmart website Moneysmart.gov.au
Queerspace is a Victorian statewide program that has been rolled out in services through partnership with Drummond Street.
Queerspace provided face to face and online counselling for those seeking safe and inclusive support.
Family Violence in a Child’s World
Family Violence in a Child’s World is a self-paced professional development workshop that can be delivered both online (via UMFC’s Online Portal) or in group sessions. It has been specifically developed for Early Childhood professionals by UMFC’s Family Violence Child Safety Practitioners to promote children’s wellbeing through building professionals’ capacity to:
- Understand what family violence is, how it hurts children and how it impacts their overall development
- Explore how what we think and feel influences how we work with children who are hurting
- Recognise and respond to children’s feelings and behaviours – hearing the voice of the child and providing safe responses to their needs
- Understand how to work safely with children who have/are thought to be experiencing family violence
- Use of mindfulness & reflection to help engage meaningfully with children
- Use books and other activities to help children express their emotions safely
- Explore barriers and strategies for talking to parents about the worries we have for children
- Know how to talk with parents and provide referral pathways for families in a safe and effective manner
Family Violence In A Child’s World Professional Development is School Readiness Funding Approved
Tools and systems required
Information Technology resources are required for delivery of the online package. We recommend participants access via Chrome, Firefox or Edge browsers.
Wellbeing (social and emotional)
Strength of Evidence
Level 5 – Foundational research evidence
Click here to register & enrol for the Online Self-Paced version. (Online payment required by credit card or PayPal.)
Email FVCW@umfc.com.au to arrange an invoice and payment by bank deposit (group bookings can also be arranged via this email), or if you wish to discuss arranging face to face sessions.