Parenting Orders Program – Post Separation Co-operative Parenting (POP)
The Parenting Orders Program – Post Separation Co-operative Parenting (POP) assists separated or divorced parents who are experiencing difficulties in resolving or managing conflict, which arise over parenting arrangements for their children.
Our service areas are the Hume, Murray and Riverina and we are located at 681 Young Street, Albury NSW 2640.
The objectives of this service are to:
- Improve the management of relationship difficulties by separated or divorced families.
- Facilitate children’s contact and relationships with both parents in a manner which encourages consideration of what is in the child’s best interests while ensuring the safety of all parties.
- Reduce the adversarial nature of family disputes so that there is less use made of the Family Courts or other legal processes.
The intended outcomes of POP are to assist separated families in high conflict, through interventions that assist parents to establish new parenting arrangements and to avoid breaching parenting orders in the future.
What is POP?
The Albury Office exercises objectivity and neutrality when providing POP, to ensure that the voice of both parents is heard in planning and decision making. However, with the child as the ‘primary client’, the child’s best interests are the paramount concern and will always be taken into consideration above those of the parents.
Initially, your family will work with a Family Counsellor in a child-inclusive way to develop a case plan that is tailored to each family’s specific requirements.
Case plans may include a combination of:
- Building Better Bridges – a group workshop environment for parents,
- Jigsaw – a group workshop environment for children, and
- Individual Family Counselling sessions for parents.